As a teacher, Dr. Carla’s passion is in creating and facilitating spiritually-based courses that truly allow students to explore the depths of their beliefs and their place in the world… to bring Universal Principles into their lives through practical spirituality and real world applications… to set intentions that are achievable, reachable, possible.
Her teaching style includes:
- sharing from her own experiences;
- listening to the hearts of her students and encouraging them to question everything;
- offering suggestions for resolutions and possibility-thinking; and
- providing an atmosphere that is safe for doing all of this.
While Dr. Carla will not “tell you what you should do,” she will gently and respectfully confront your worn-out excuses that help you avoid learning Life’s lessons when they are so generously gifted to everyone. A little discomfort now in exchange for greater understanding and an expanded consciousness later!
From Religious Science founder Ernest Holmes: "Our movement will depend not on a talk such as I am giving you now. Our evolution - what it will mean to the world - will not depend on the books we write. It will depend on what we do with it. It will depend on someone knowing enough about it to cause something to happen because of what they know - when they want it to happen, where they want it to happen, in the way it ought to happen, according to their own volition, proving that one is not subject to any whimsical caprice."
This is why Dr. Carla teaches Science of Mind classes.
The Organization – New Thought Colorado (NTCo)
New Thought Colorado (NTCo) is an “Affiliated Center” for Emerson Theological Institute. In addition, Dr. Carla was recently accepted to be part of the faculty of Emerson, specifically its Distance Learning program. NTCo integrates Emerson’s Distance Learning program into Dr. Carla’s established curriculum, while she simultaneously contributes new courses to Emerson for student access the world over.
The change in direction to online class offerings began during the spring of 2020 (in the midst of a global pandemic). Dr. Carla was facilitating a 10-week course to local students in her home, until pandemic guidelines no longer allowed for such group gatherings. So she transitioned to an online ZOOM course until its completion. That experience – online or self-paced courses – will continue into the future as the preferred delivery method, with students supported by her mentoring and guidance.
Dr. Carla is excited about the expanding possibilities to share New Thought / Science of Mind with more students through deeper learning – and – to be available as a teacher and mentor to students on their Spiritual journeys through New Thought education.
Both the online/video-style courses and mentor support option provide students the opportunity for in-depth interactions with the instructor and other students, thereby enriching everyone through shared experiences. We are committed to nurturing mind, body, and soul through spiritual exploration.
- The courses offered through distance learning (self-paced), online, or locally in the classroom setting are anchored in New Thought teachings and based primarily on the Science of Mind (SOM) philosophy.
- Other materials by various mystic and contemporary authors often find their voices heard through these courses or in stand-alone offerings.
- Course credits apply toward degrees and/or credentials as SOM practitioners, ministers, and doctorate designations.
- By presenting these New Thought courses in a variety of formats, students have the opportunity to learn in their preferred style and to fully absorb the Universal Principles that are key to a more expanded life and consciousness.
Click on the COURSES – OVERVIEW link to discover more about the teachings offered.
New Thought Colorado llc is the formal business name through which Dr. Carla creates curriculum / courses and materials. It is a recognized Colorado for-profit small business entity. While donations are always welcome (see DONATE page) and we appreciate your support, such contributions are not tax-deductible as they would be for a non-profit church or business. Thank you for your radical generosity!